5.10.2005

Get published.

I can't quite remember who suggested this site to me, but I remember I was walking through downtown Port Jefferson. Regardless, I finally decided to check it out. Lulu.com is a self-publishing site that allows you to publish books, calendars, audio, and images for free. Yep, that's right, Lulu gives you free access to tools for publishing and distributing your material. They give the writers and artists control of everything from pricing and royalties to the actual layout of the printed product. Readers have the option of purchasing these pieces in either e-book or traditional print form, this way the publications are printed on demand, rather than in bulk, therefore reducing the cost because there is no surplus to compensate for.
Go to the site, check out the tutorial cleverly linked under the term "How Easy?" Damn, it looks easy. If only I were a writer.