6.08.2005

Coincidence?

Something truly strange happened this afternoon. The phone (land line) rang at my house at around 6pm. I never, ever, ever, answer the home phone because nobody (NOBODY) ever tries to reach me through it. But today, for some reason, I picked it up. It was a man's voice, and he asked for Suzanne. I said "Who's calling?," because, like I said, nobody calls me on the land line. He said "Damieon, Damieon Fray". Now, I had to think for about 3 seconds, I only knew one Damieon, and I hadn't seen him in more than 4 years. It was him. How terribly nice to hear from him. Unfortunately, he called at a bad time seeing as John and I were on the way out the door to embark on one of our ever so wonderful "long walks". The incredibly strange part is that for the past few days, every time I've seen a Nissan Altima, I've thought of Damieon, just for the sheer fact that he used to drive one. Is this a coincidence? I wonder why he's calling. I also wonder why I've recently been getting in touch with so many long lost old friends. Sometimes I feel like my life is going backwards, only this time, it's in a good way. I miss these people. It's only right that they be in my life. I want them there.
I took down his number. I'll give him a call in the daylight hours.