7.19.2005

Things Remembered.

I remember a few things, like how jealous I was of an ex of mine who could hear a telephone number once and remember it for eternity. I even remember the look on his face, his eyes rolling around, reading, computing what was verbally given to him at the exact moment he stored that number into his mental rolodex. I wished I could be so receptive of information. Unfortunately I've fallen victim to technology. I don't need to remember your number because my cell phone does that for me. I don't need to remember your birthday, because I get a daily reminder from iCal. I don't even need to remember to pay my bills anymore because they're all on an automatic payment plan. I've never felt lazier.
Here is a good article about Mnemonics from NY Times writer Jack Rosenthal.