10.21.2005

Karma police.

They have it all wrong. I've been so good.

So, I never made it into the city to visit my dad yesterday. Unfortunately, I was rear-ended on the Southern State by some guy who didn't even speak English. It was a hard hit, but surprisingly not too much damage on my bumper. That civic is built like a tank. The worst of the damage came from the large cup of coffee I was holding at the time of the crash. My interior is covered in it. I was covered in it. It was awful. The cop said that the repairs would probably not be worth my deductible, so thankfully the word "dinaro" came in handy and the guy gave me $200.00 cash. (At which point I felt bad, wondering if this guy was going to be able to make his rent next month, what the hell is wrong with me?) Oh, did I tell you he only had a learners permit? Yep.

The worst part was I felt like a disappointment. It was my duty to get my mother into the city to visit my father. I totally let them down. My poor dad didn't have any visitors yesterday. I feel just terrible about that. The good news is that he's coming home today. I'm so happy!

Despite my really sore neck and shoulders, I'm in good spirits. Could have been worse.

My night took a turn for the better when Anthony picked me up. I'll stop there before I start gushing.