10.14.2005

This much.

A couple of nights ago, I think I had physical contact with a ghost. I was home alone, standing in the bathroom blow drying my hair (but Suzanne, it's been raining for a week, why the hell would you waste your time blow drying your hair? Weirdo.). I had music on in my bedroom, but kept hearing strange noises that weren't part of the song I was listening to. I brushed off the noises, and attributed them to something outside. Denial works best when home alone, in a house that has a history of strange occurances (but oddly enough, only when I'm around). Then, as I was standing there, hands above my head (blow drying), I felt what seemed like a hand grab my side. There was pressure, but not enough to hurt me. It was quick. I was looking in the mirror the whole time, so I could see that nobody was standing there (and, again, I was home alone). I froze, due to fright. Then I got the hell out of dodge. Very creepy.

Today is our camping trip!! It's still raining (over a week now), but we're not going to let that dampen our spirits. pun intended.

Here is our plan:

Tonight.
Leave Long Island at 6pm.
Drive North to Boiceville, NY.
Find my Dad's shack. Then, find the right key to get into it. Flip on the electricity.
Then things get a little complicated. My dad and I had a conference in our bathroom last night, where, for a good 20 minutes, he taught me about plumbing. I need to close a bunch of valves, then flip on the well breaker, then listen for the water to run, and when it stops, re-open all of the valves. Piece of cake. That is, unless there's a leak. You see, my father just installed plumbing. Never tested it! He's also giving me some rubber cement and vinyl to patch up any leaks. haha. fun.
The night shall consist of these things, in no particular order:
  • Scattegories
  • Trivial Pursuit
  • Heavy Drinking
  • Cigarellos
  • Snacks
  • Cuddling
  • etc.

Tomorrow morning we're going to wake up. Make a judgment call based on the weather. If it's not raining we'll go on a couple of hikes. If it is raining I hear there's a great yarn shop in Woodstock! There's also lots of other fun stuff to do in Woodstock and Phonicia, so we'll be good. Oh! And I can't forget about my favorite used book store right there in town! We'll keep ourselves dry, and busy.

Saturday night:

  • see Friday night

Sunday morning we're leaving early so as not to miss football. For real.

I think I made a bet about winning in Scattegories last night. I can't remember what the wager was though. Good thing I'm the best.