2.26.2006

I win!!




I finished the Honeymoon Cami, I was knitting for the Knitting Olympics, at around 6pm Saturday night. I still had hours to spare before closing ceremonies. It's a huge relief to be done with it. I'm so glad it was a super easy knit. I have tons of left over KnitPicks Shine, and I'm wondering what I could do to maybe add a little embellishment to the piece. Maybe a flower or something.

The greatest thing happened on Thursday. The pattern called for #6 circulars and straights. I went out and bought the circulars because that's what I needed to get started. I had totally forgotten about the straight needles until I arrived at that part of the pattern. Crap. I was at work when I discovered this, so I figured I'd go on with my day, go to my parents house straight from work and workout, then head out to buy some straight 6's. My mother called me at work and told me that she had a surprise for me. I love surprises, but who doesn't? When I got to her house she handed me a shirt box. I opened it up to find all of my Grandmother's old knitting needles and crochet hooks. There has to be at least 2 of every size in there. It's crazy. It was like hitting the knitting jackpot. I totally won. There were the size 6 straights I needed!! I was a little worried about working with the metal needles, but it turns out they weren't as slippery as I had remembered. Funny how things work out like that.