Out of it.

I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep, the belly ache that still hasn't subsided (over 2 weeks now), or worrying about my sick dog that has me completely turned around today, but I drove to work in a daze and now that I'm here I can't quite manage to form a sentence without re-reading it 12 times.

Let's tackle the "lack of sleep" issue first. Dylan is sick and he wakes up in the middle of the night coughing. It will happen repeatedly and it breaks my heart. It wakes me up every single time because I'm so worried that he's spitting something up. Poor thing. It must be so painful for him to jerk his 2.6 lb body around like that. He's been on antibiotics for almost a week now and I've seen little improvement. It's so frustrating not to know what's wrong with him.

Then there is my lovely boyfriend who, unfortunately, sometimes has to wake up at ungodly hours to go to work. For example, last night he set his alarm for 5:16am. It went off once, twice, three times, 4, 5, 6...Yep, every 5 minutes for quite a while, which means that I woke up every 5 minutes for quite a while. It's just plain rude to press snooze so many times when your significant other doesn't have to be awake for another 2 hours. I mean, I do sympathize that he has to be awake so early, I do, but that also means he gets to go home early. Nap it off, babe. Elongating my day is not the way to my heart. I'm sure this has been a battle of the sexes since the invention of the snooze bar, but really, have some courtesy. Love you.

Belly ache. I've been nauseous for 2 over two weeks. It started after I ate at Spoon cafe in Lindenhurst on a Friday night. I've eaten there before with no problem, so I just thought I got a bad piece of cheese this time. I was sick that whole weekend, and that's when the Taco Bell Ecoli scare started up and needless to say, I eat at Taco Bell at least twice a week. It's the ONLY fast food I eat. Seven layer burritos are so ridiculously yummy. So I finally went to the Dr. on Tuesday. I told him about my nausea and that I was having pains in my stomach, kind of like I worked out my abs, but we all know I didn't work out. He sent me for blood work, a pregnancy test, and an abdominal sonogram. After another week of feeling ill, I finally got through to someone at my Dr.'s office (I got the voicemail and the run around for 2 days), and the Dr. called me back to tell me that my blood work came back fine, I wasn't pregnant, and my abdominal sonogram was completely normal. I told him I was still feeling sick and he really had nothing to say (yes, the search for a new primary care physician is in the works). I spoke to him this past Thursday and Friday I was sick to my stomach all day. Then, Saturday came and I was feeling better. Sunday too. Back to work Monday and it started again. What is the deal? Is it something at work? Is it Christmas time stress? Is it worrying about the pup? I never, ever get sick in my stomach. Never get nauseous. NEVER. This is all so strange and 3 Liters of Ginger ale later really starting to affect my diet and energy and general happiness.

In other news, I had a pleasant weekend. Friday night was ruined by my belly hating me, so Brodie, Jen and I just hung out in the living room. We knit and watched TV and it was a nice mellow night. Saturday Brodie and I drove in to Sunnyside Queens to attend a party for his friend Kevin from Kentucky who just finished his dissertation in English Literature. Him and Marie have a great one bedroom apartment and it made me want to move into the city so bad. I had a blast talking to complete strangers about arts and culture that I don't get to talk about very much out here. I felt like I completely belonged there. We drove home and went back to his place for a Birthday poker game with Pat, Stevie, Brucia, CJ, Joey, Dave, Mike and KT. I didn't win, but Brodie came in second. It was a fun night with fun people and the puppy and Meathead. Sunday we went out to dinner with my family for my parents anniversary at Mama's in Copiague. Their portions are gigantic and we all had plenty of leftovers. It was a good time with lots of good laughs. We went back to Brodie's that night to watch Superman Returns while I filled out the 50 Christmas cards that I made. All in all a slightly productive, very fun weekend.

I must be getting back to my knitting...