1.11.2007

Angry.

Don't ever watch "The Last Kiss".

I don't think I ever hated a movie so much in my entire life, yet I watched the entire thing. It's a "coming of age" film about dishonesty and infidelity in seemingly secure romances. It was just awful. I cried throughout the entire movie. They were tears of anger, but mostly tears of fear.

I watched the movie with Brodie and I couldn't help but put myself in the characters shoes. It was terrifying. To me, the most important things in a relationship are trust and honesty. Cheating is unforgivable because it means for that moment, you weren't in love with me. You would never hurt someone you love so badly. I've always had trust issues, partially because I have been hurt before, and partially because I invest a lot into trusting others. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it makes me seem naive, but I could never make it through life as a sceptic. Breaking that trust is something that's irreparable for me. I know about forgiveness, and I practice forgiveness quite often, but when it comes to infidelity I think it's better to just go your separate ways then to spend the rest of your time together wondering if it's going to happen again. I can't handle that stress and that pain. I may be weak, but I also see it as being strong. The bottom line is that infidelity is a deal breaker, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.