2.06.2007

Ay-ya-yai

Hallo.

As we were watching the super bowl the other night, Brodie and I got to talking about betting. I guess I brought it up by asking if he bet on the game. Somehow, that segued into a new bet. We're having a six pack competition. Abs, not beer, because he'd clearly kick my ass on that one. I mean, I doubt he'll participate at all, but it made it easier for me to want to accomplish something by having some competition. haha. Oh man. So, I have until the first "beach day" to make my six pack (possible 8 pack?) visible. My stomach is weird, and I have a pretty long torso, so I think that there are a bunch of abs in there, just dying to be seen. hahahaha.

Anywho.

I started training last night by doing lunges and squats. Yes, I know that this is not working out my abs, but I figure, hell, what's a nice tummy without a great ass? Right? This morning I woke up early, 7am as opposed to the 7:45 I usually crawl out of bed, and did some "Resistance Windsor Pilates" because I can't find my regular Windsor Pilates DVD's. DOH! It was rather funny because the dog kept trying to eat the resistance band while I was doing the various workouts. Now I'm sure that's going to get old fast, but I sort of like the idea of getting in some play time with him before I got to work and he's left all alone in my room for the next 8 hours. Poor thing. Back to Windsor Pilates. David bought me the DVD's when I was trying to get in shape last time, a little over 2 years ago now. At that time I was super depressed and unhappy in my relationship, and I sort of let myself go. I was somewhere near 20 lbs heavier than I am now. Ew. What a terrible time in my life. I'm currently at my ideal weight, and I do less than 30 minutes of physical activity a day (does showering count?), so I figure a little exercise will do wonders. I'm also hoping it will fix up my immune system which as been less than stellar lately. I'm sure it's not normal to get sick once a month. I have 90 days. Let's see what happens. Wish me luck.

P.S. My butt muscles are killing me today, so I must be doing something right!