8.28.2008

Sometimes.

Shawna called me in to the work at the yarn store tonight. She got called in to her other job to tend bar. It's been quiet. One customer. She needed help picking up stitches. Then I managed to sell her some yarn to make a bag to match her shawl. I did this by picking up said yarn, then citing "wow, this is gorgeous"...and that was that. I'm a terrible salesperson, but, apparently, she was in the market.

I spent my first hour here writing a story. A love story. But then my hand began to hurt.

In other news, I'm no longer going to Paris with Ian. Instead, Jackie has so graciously stepped in to keep me company. I'm delighted. She's been my girl since 1984, and when we're together one can expect nothing short of insanity. I think the fact that neither one of us knows a full sentence in French is going to be cause for some grand ol'fun. Although, thanks to 7th grade mandatory foreign language and Ms. Sketrit, we can both definitely sing the Beeftek song and the alphabet. Perhaps those two things, and are cunning wit, will get us by for our 5 day excursion/escape/world domination tour.