1.26.2006

This is just crazy.

I don't know whether to cry or to scream or to do both, simultaneously. I seemed to have lost the other mitten of the Broadstreet Mitten pair I've been working on, for what seems like forever, for Anthony. The glove part was finished, all the 85 ends weaved in, and all that needed to be done was the mitten flap. I finished the other glove, flap and all, and was ready to start the other flap when I noticed the mitten was missing. The worst part is that it's the right hand mitten. The one that the pattern tells you to just "reverse the pattern" for. I already knitted the thing twice because the first time I placed the thumb gusset in the wrong spot. I frogged the ENTIRE MITTEN, and started over when I figured out how I was supposed to knit it. Now, seeing as I did this about a month ago, I have forgotten how I did this. I know that I'm going to mess it up again. Yep, that's right, I'm knitting a-whole-nother mitten.

This is crazy. I searched for over 3 hours last night and the missing mitten is nowhere to be found. I'm afraid I might have thrown it away when I was moving in. There were just so many boxes, and papers, and crap scattered about our apartment that I fear it got thrown into something and mistaken for trash. How could this be possible? I've been asking myself the same thing. Over and over. There is no way in hell I would throw out this mitten. I've worked way to hard on it. I clearly remember taking it out of my bag and placing it on top of my dresser. That was about 2 weeks ago. It just vanished. I guess the moral of the story is to always keep your knitting project together at all times. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oh, the best part is that I can't even start the new one because I could only find 4 of the 5 #2 dpn's that I need. Booooooooo.