1.16.2007

Fishy.

Brodie's a sweetheart. He worked in a pathmark seafood department yesterday (doing construction), and surprised me by bringing home salmon for dinner. I love salmon. I stopped by my apartment and grabbed some potatoes and we had a fantastic meal of Pineapple glazed salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and broccoli. He cooked everything while I played with the pup and showered. He's the best a gal could ask for.

Dylan loves to shower. He begs and begs to come in when I'm in there, so yesterday I just took him in. Brodie's shower is gigantic, so he just hung out at the end where the water wasn't streaming down. He got wet enough not to be cold, but I didn't have to worry about him drinking any soapy water. After I was done with my routine I lathered him up and rinsed him off. He absolutely loves it. This is the 2nd bath he's had in less than a week. I guess I can't really complain because he's the best smelling pooch around, but I'm just worried his skin is going to get irritated if I wash it too much. The best part is when we get out and he gets blow dried. He loves the blow dryer. Most dogs would bark at the thing, but Dylan loves it. He's so damn adorable. Oh man, I have to get a wet picture of him. He definitely looks like a rodent. The cutest rodent ever, of course.

After dinner we laid in bed and watched the golden globes while sipping champagne and eating peach pie. Gosh, I'm such a lush. I think I was tipsy and asleep by 10pm. It was a super relaxing evening with my two favorite boys and my two favorite indulgences. Who's got it better than me?

I woke up to the noisy garbage trucks around 5am and was pretty much up from there on. I wasn't really tired because I went to bed so early, so I just laid there and waited for Brodie to wake up and played with the pooch. Work has been super busy today with the Accountant coming tomorrow. Let's just say I do the majority of the work for him, and he just files the forms. I should really look into that profession. I love numbers.

Tonight, my parents and I are going to the Verizon store where I will hopefully not leave without a brand new phone. I have to work on Mike's birthday gifts later, but really all that I can focus on is eating some more peach pie. Thank goodness it's almost hump day/pay day. Jen got Brodie and I tickets to see the Long Island Philharmonic this Sunday from her job. I'm super excited!!!!! I love Wagner.

In other news, this morning I purchased this fabulous variegated yarn from Jojoland to make a throw blanket for myself. That's right, I said FOR MYSELF! It will be the first thing I've ever knit for myself. I'm so excited!


I haven't chosen a pattern yet, but I think I'm just going to make a bunch of squares and piece them together. The yarn should be here by the end of the week, so I plan on starting this weekend. Should be super fun!