9.13.2007

It happens every year.

September 21st.

Yep. Every single year, since I can remember, that date has showed up on the calender. Every year, without fail.

Sometimes (I lie, MOST of the time), I receive gifts on this day before the fall solstice. No, I'm not some lavish autumn goddess, just a plain ol'regular gal who happens to be turning the big 2-7 on that exact day.

It sort of snuck up on me this year. I suppose for a few reason's, mainly that I think I'm getting old and I thought I would have been somewhere else in my life at this age. I thought I would have a steady job, a husband, a home, maybe a child. I'm frustrated with myself for being so behind. I know there's time, but I want ALL OF THESE THINGS, and I feel like I'm more than ready for them all now. I've made my own bed, I know, I know, but I'm trying so hard to get there. SO HARD. I guess I'll just have to try harder.

Anywho. Really, the only thing I want for my birthday is this cake from Manhattan Sweet's Bakery in Islip:

Silk & Satin graham cracker crust with a layer of cream cheese cake and a layer of rich chocolate mousse topped with chocolate ganache


And, a couple of school books that I need that are on my amazon wishlist.
And a sewing machine, but I really don't have much time to sew these days.
And a surprise.
A nice surprise.
A surprise like surprises I've been spoiled by in the past.

And the company of my friends. I miss them all, terribly.