8.07.2008

Happiness is:

Dylan burying his bones in conspicuous places...Like my office chair.

I think I'm sick. Actually, I think I'm 100% well (mind over matter, right?). It all went down last night. I was a powerhouse. I went straight to the laundromat from work. I did laundry, ate a falafel sandwich for dinner, and was home by 6, very much anticipating my night of relaxing and Project Runway. My mother called and said that her and my pops were going to swing by. They brought me an italian ice, and we chit chatted for a bit, when suddenly I became very achy. I thought, there's no way I'm still achy from playing volleyball Monday night. A half hour or so into the aches, I began to feel feverish. Nooooooooo! Took my temp and it was 99.6. This may seem low to the average Joe, but my normal temperature tends to hover around 97.6. Yucky. So I took some Advil, got into bed, watched as much Project Runway as I could, and passed out. Slept solid as a rock. Woke up this morning still feeling crummy. Stopped at the drug store on my way to work to get some Echinacea and Orange Gatorade. Hopefully I'll feel better by 4:30, because I have quite the night/few days ahead of me.

I took off tomorrow so that I can go to the UES to hang with Jackie and not have to worry about driving home for work in the AM. Tonight, we plan on throwing her co-worker Steven a mini surprise party at her apt. (shhhhhh) Nothing fancy, we're just baking cupcakes and making him a birthday hat, and decorating a little bit. Then we're going to drag his butt to the piano bar, because we all had so much fun there the last time!

Tomorrow we plan on going to Alice's Tea Cup for breakfast...mmmmm...crepes. Then we'll go to the dog park with the pups, and relax on the lawn for a few hours. That's that.

Send me "get well now" good vibes.