10.20.2008

Nasal.

Last night I learned that laughing and shooting tea out of your nose is not a good way to say adios to a cold. In fact, I think doing so welcomed the cold back. I felt great yesterday (despite the hangover), hardly any stuffage. Today is the pits.

This weekend.

Friday night I thought it might be fun to have some gals over to chill and relax and talk about girlie shit. I sent out the invites, but there were too many wishy-washy responses, so I canceled and promised that I'd give at least 2 days notice the next time I planned on having such an event. Instead, I went on a first date with Scott. Not really, but we were accused of being on a first date by some crazy drunkard. We went to grab sushi in Bay Shore. Good times were had. As per usual. He drove me home and peaced out, and I put my PJ's on and watched The Ring. I hate scary movies, but it was really the only thing on.

Oh! I also set myself up for the 21st century and installed the interweb at my apt. That was a fun series of events and wires.

Saturday was pure debauchery. My bro-in-law had to back out of a vineyard trip, and I got to take his place. Boy-o-boy, was it fun. We (around 30 of us) left N. Babylon around 12 noon, and by 12:15 I was very inebriated. We went to 3 vineyards, where I got more intensely drunk. The last was my favorite. Martha Clara. I'm not the biggest fan of their wines, but they have a ton of animals, and I just love going to pet them. It's absolutely, hands down, one of my favorite things to do. Lucky for me, when we got off of the bus, one of the farm hands was pulling up on his golf cart. His name was Charlie, and he was around 65-70 and he was African American with blue blue eyes. Amazing. I jumped on his cart and off we went to the secret parts of the farm. I played with Australian Highlanders (they are cows, I thought they were buffalo) and black stallions. It was quite the experience. I got back to the winery in time to learn that we were getting kicked out (they had the police on their way). Apparently, our crowd was a bit rowdy by that time. Whoop!

I came home, changed a bazillion times (I was drunkie), then Maria and Kiesha picked me up and whisked me away to Greenpoint/Park Slope area. We met up with some of Maria's fabulous friends and went to some amazing bar with a couple of bocce courts, and books. Tons of books. I love books so much. I drank. They got me drunker. It was fun.

Until 8:30am Sunday morning rolled around and I had to get up for my internship. No bueno. I spent the majority of yesterday in a hangover/I hate myself for drinking so much daze. After my internship, Dylan and I took a ride up to Maria's for some cuddling, pizza eating, movie watching, brownie eating, and tea shooting through my nose fun.

Oh! I have to tell you about Maria. She rocks my socks off. I'm in love. Plain and simple.