12.11.2006

I had a dream.

Last night I dreamt that I was blogging again. I took it as a sign, and well, here I am.

Much has happened in the past 3 months, a lot of it blogworthy, so let me catch you up.

- Got my car fixed after the break in, but had to bring it back to the shop because they damaged things when they were fixing it. Pretty lame, but I'm glad it's all behind me.

- October was a super busy month. Loads of fun though. There was the boat burning in Sayville; Paul Johnson's annual Halloween costume party at the AOH; Brodie took me to see a stage production of The Rocky Horror Picture show; Irish Day in Long Beach; My Brother-in-law threw my sister a surprise 30th birthday bash with this crazy magician; and Brodie was in a run of Jekyll and Hyde at Airport playhouse.

- November was explosive, or at least it felt that way. Brodie and I purchased a dog. His name is Dylan and he's a Yorkshire Terrier. He was 2 lbs when we bought him and he has to be up to at least 3 or 4 now. We'll find out on Wednesday at his next Vet appointment. I love him and he's brought so much joy to my life. A lot went on surrounding this purchase considering Brodie and I don't live together, but I think we've gotten it all worked out, and Dylan seems to be adjusting nicely to his secret living arrangements (I'm not supposed to have pets, shhhh...). Brodie's birthday was on the 16th and as a gift to him we went to see Bob Dylan on the 13th. On his actual birthday I took him to Teller's steak house. Then there was Thanksgiving dinner at his sister's in Commack, and dessert at my aunt's in Oakdale. There was a long weekend with lot's of crafting going on. Knitting/Christmas decorating. Fun times.

- December has started off a bit shaky, particularly because of this. They were all friends of mine. It's quite sad, and I haven't really had a chance to come to terms with it yet. I'm not very good at death. I have a lot of questions, a lot of anger, and a lot of fear. I haven't been able to stop thinking about their families, about everyone who loved them, about them no longer on this earth. It's all very overwhelming. We, unfortunately, had a Holiday party planned on the same nights of the wakes. What was meant to be a happy, joyous time with my friends turned out to be a night of reflection and gratitude for everyone in my life. I really love my life, my family and my friends. I'm so lucky to have them all. I never want that to change, but with life comes death, and I'll eventually have to deal with that fear I have.

Pictures from the past few months can be found on my flickr. Brodie got me the most fabulous camera for my birthday and I've been going crazy with it. Enjoy.