1.23.2007

Tea with honey.

My honey just made me some chamomile tea with honey. He's the sweetest. Needless to say, I'm sick again. AGAIN!!! Jeez. I can't catch a break here.

After waking up at 4am, and being unable to get back to sleep because I felt like my throat was completely closed up, I decided that I was going to call into work and try to get some rest. I stayed in bed until around 10, then moved onto the livingroom couch. I spent about 5 minutes there before I decided I needed some food. Thank goodness Brodie and I went food shopping last night. I had this new Total with some organic milk. Mmmmm, it was delicious. I watched a little TV, then decided that I should be a good mommy and sew up some of Dylans favorite toys that he has teared holes in.

After that I decided that I should maybe take down some Christmas decorations seeing as it is the end of January. I would have done it sooner, but I have been staying at Brodie's for the past couple of weeks. While taking down decorations, I noticed that there was a little too much dust for my taste, so I decided to dust the entire livingroom. I've been on a bit of a cleaning kick since I've gotten back, and I tackled the kitchen last night. I did everything from the refrigerator to the stove, but I haven't had the chance to do the floors yet. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll probably do the bathroom tomorrow. My room needs some special attention, but I'd rather take care of all of the common space first. Looks like spring cleaning started way early this year, but it feels good to have a clean place, it makes my mind clearer.

While in the process of cleaning like a lunatic, Brodie came by and made me some soup. I love him. We had a little visit by Mike, and have been sitting on the couch since he left. I tried to work on that 3/4 finished lace blanket that my Uncle bestowed upon me, but 4 rows in I decided that it was just too screwed up to keep going and frogged the entire panel. I know it's going to take me at least a month to redo what was done, but at least it will be done right and match the other 3 panels. I suppose it's also good practice with lace for when I decide to do a project of my own. Eh.

It's just past 10pm, and I feel rotten, so I'm heading to bed. Unfortunately, I have to go into work tomorrow to do payroll, but I'll probably wind up leaving early. I wish I would have got some Nyquil. Doh! G'night.